- Program coordination
|Dra. Carme Ferré||carme.ferre(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat|
- Program Academic Committee
|Dra. Carme Ferré Grau (president)||Dra. Antonia Martorell Poveda (secretary)|
|Dra. Mar Lleixà Fortuño||Dra. Maria Francisca Jiménez Herrera|
|Dr. Angel Belzunegui Eraso||Dra. Misericòrdia Carles|
|Dr. Urbano Lorenzo Seva||Dra. Mercè Gisbert Cervera|
- Introduction and objectives
The doctoral programme in Nursing and Health marks a commitment by the University of Barcelona and the URV to the future of education and research in the field of nursing and health care. The programme offers a joint doctoral degree from the University of Barcelona (the coordinator) and the URV.
The aim of the programme is to train students as new researchers in the field of nursing and health care in order to enhance the quality of research. Health care is considered from a broad and holistic perspective that includes persons, health, the environment, society and medical treatment.
The doctoral programme integrates contributions from various disciplines: nursing, history, medicine, economics, sociology and psychology. These disciplines are intended as a source of dynamism and progress that provide the students with the right tools and knowledge for carrying out research in health care in order to meet the economic, social and medical challenges of a changing society.
The general objectives are the following:
- To promote high-quality research in nursing and health care.
- To foster the incorporation of researchers in universities, health centres and medical research centres.
- To teach the skills of analysis, problem detection and decision making regarding health care research, leadership and management.
- To promote advanced training in socio-health care management from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- An inter-university doctorate
The doctoral programme in Nursing and Health is coordinated by the University of Barcelona and is jointly organised by the following universities:
- Career opportunities
Teaching and research in the field of nursing and health care.