- Program coordination
|Dr. Joaquín Ruiz de Arbulo Bayona||joaquin.ruizdearbulo(ELIMINAR)@urv.cat|
- Program Academic Committee
|Dr. Joaquín Ruiz de Arbulo Bayona (president)||Dr. Ricardo Mar Medina (secretary)|
|Dra. Eva Subías Pascual||Dr. Josep Maria Palet Martínez|
|Dr. Cesar Carreras||Dr. Josep Guitart|
- Introduction and objectives
The main aim of the doctoral studies in Classical Archaeology is to train doctoral students in high-quality advanced research. To ensure that the doctoral thesis is prepared in accordance with current standards, the general objectives are as follows:
- To incorporate the doctoral students in one of the research groups.
- To broaden their abilities so that they can specialise intensively in the research lines of the programme.
- To foster initiative in undertaking research projects.
- To promote the acquisition of general skills related to individual and group work, management of bibliographic databases, etc., and access to scientific knowledge and communication networks through conferences, books and journals.
- Doctorado interuniversitario
The doctoral programme in Classical Archaeology is coordinated by the URV and organised jointly by the following two universities:
- Career opportunities
Students who successfully complete the doctoral programme will be able to work in the following areas:
- University research and teaching.
- Research projects in national and international research institutes (CERCA, CSIC, CNRS, CNR, etc.).
- Curation of national and state museums.
- Archaeological work in local corporations (departments of culture, heritage, architecture and town planning).
- Archaeology services of autonomous communities. In the case of Catalonia, these are the Archaeology Service (Ministry of Culture) and the Local Archaeological Services of Barcelona, Girona, Tarragona, Lleida and Tortosa.
- Professional activity in archaeology and historical heritage; archaeology companies.
- Professional activity in the field of tourism (tourist guides).
It is also possible to take an industrial doctorate: the industrial doctoral degree in Tourism, Heritage Communication and Cultural Asset Management