Supervision and evaluation of PHD Student
The work carried out by doctoral students during the process of writing their doctoral thesis will be evaluated every year by means of the Research Plan and the Document of Doctoral Activities
- Research Plan and Document of Doctoral Activities
The Research Plan (PlaInv) defines the objectives, tools and methodology, schedule and any other means students use to produce their doctoral thesis. In this document, in the first year, students should include the following information:
- Title of the thesis
- Tools and Techniques
- The thesis project planning
This plan is required for first-year students and may be updated at any time during the doctoral programme with any improvements and/or modifications deemed to be necessary.
The Document of Doctoral Activities (DAD) is a record of all the relevant activities carried out during the doctoral thesis. For example:
- Attendance and/or talks given at courses, conferences, symposia, seminars, etc.
- Publications (articles, books, etc.)
- Industrial protection and/or intellectual property rights (patents, etc.)
- Participation in projects
- Work experience in companies
- Awards, subsidies or other prizes
The evaluation must be positive if students are to be allowed to continue on the doctoral programme and enrol for the next academic year
* This academic requirement is not applicable to all other doctoral students who are subject to RD 1393/2007
When the period for modifying the DAD and the Research Plan is over, the process of evaluation will begin:
- The supervisor/s will issue a favourable or unfavourable report on the content added by the doctoral student.
- On the basis of the report issued by the thesis supervisor, the Academic Committee will evaluate the work by giving one of two possible qualifications: pass or fail.
- Finally, the School's Management Committee will ratify the result of the evaluation issued by the Academic Committee.
- Students must pass if they are to continue on the programme. If they do not pass, they will be re-evaluated and a new Research Plan and DAD will be drawn up.
- If they fail to pass a second time, they will be required to withdraw from the programme.
- Students who do not upload their documentation for evaluation via the application will automatically be given a fail. In this case, they will have a second opportunity to upload their documentation; if they fail to upload their documentation a second time, they will again be given a fail and they will also be required to withdraw from the programme (except in cases where the student has taken an authorised temporary leave of absence from the doctoral programme).